The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is an intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. The tuition-free program kicks off with a week of tailored, immersive programming for 26 promising women leaders.
ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year, through online workshops and coaching tailored to the needs of the cohort. The program culminates with a workshop in the fall.
These 26 women leaders were selected from a pool of almost 300 applicants to participate in the 2021 Women’s Leadership Accelerator. They join us from six countries, and serve audiences from Anchorage, Alaska to Cairo, Egypt. This inspiring group of digital women leaders represent a range of backgrounds , newsrooms and expertise. We are thrilled to welcome editors, managers, producers, entrepreneurs and journalists with expertise in product, audience development, digital strategy, visual and audio production. Throughout the year, they will work with innovative minds in digital media to tackle challenges specific to their careers.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration to the 2021 Online News Association Conference—ONA21, happening online June 22-25.
- Online workshops tailored to participants’ personal goals and work strategies
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
2021 Speakers and Mentors
The 2021 Accelerator will connect the cohort to a range of prominent speakers and mentors:
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is tuition-free thanks to the support of lead funder Dow Jones Foundation, and additional support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Inasmuch Foundation, Alley, Otter.ai and Shindig.