The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is an intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. The tuition-free program kicks off with a week of tailored, immersive programming for 25 promising women leaders at the University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism. ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year; the program culminates with a workshop at ONA’s annual conference.
These 25 women leaders were selected from a pool of nearly more than 400 applicants to attend the 2018 Women’s Leadership Accelerator. Throughout the year, they worked with some of the top minds in digital media to tackle challenges specific to their careers.
The Accelerator was held Feb. 25-March 2, 2018 at the University of Southern California’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provided:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from some of the top women leaders in digital journalism, Feb. 25-March 2, 2018 at USC Annenberg.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the Online News Association Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Workshops tailored to the needs of the cohort, including a half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA18.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
2018 Speakers and Mentors
The 2018 Accelerator connected the cohort to a range of prominent speakers and mentors, including:
Thanks to the generous support of lead funder, the Dow Jones Foundation, and supporting funders Knight Foundation, Google, Facebook, WordPress.com VIP, the Craig Newmark Philanthropic Fund, The New York Times, The Washington Post and the Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau, the Women’s Leadership Accelerator training is tuition-free. ONA also is grateful to the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, our host for the Accelerator program.