The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is an intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. The tuition-free program kicks off with a week of tailored, immersive programming for 26 promising women leaders Feb. 10-15, 2019 at the UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center in Los Angeles. ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year; the program culminates with a workshop at ONA’s annual conference.
These 26 women leaders were selected from a pool of more than 400 applicants to participate in the 2019 Women’s Leadership Accelerator. They represent five countries and include entrepreneurs, freelancers and leaders at diverse news organizations — from local news to broadcasting to international digital media. Women in the program are focused on social impact, creating new ways to reach their audience and innovating within legacy news organizations. Throughout the year, they will work with top minds in digital media to tackle challenges specific to their careers.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders Feb. 10-15, 2019, in Los Angeles.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the 2019 Online News Association Conference (ONA19) in New Orleans.
- A half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA19.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
2019 Speakers and Mentors
The 2019 Accelerator will connect the cohort to a range of prominent speakers and mentors. The participating professionals will be announced in February.
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is tuition-free thanks to the support of lead funder Dow Jones Foundation, and additional support from Craig Newmark Philanthropies, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation; Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation; WordPress.com VIP; KCRW, KPCC + LAist; Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; John S. Knight (JSK) Journalism Fellowships and MM.LaFleur.
We are seeking more partners committed to investing in women’s leadership and digital journalism. If you are interested in supporting the Accelerator program, contact Jessica Strelitz, Head of Strategic Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss opportunities.