The Online News Association is a nonprofit membership organization for digital journalists — connecting journalism, technology and innovation.
Take a look at what we do.
ONA18 Suggestion Box
We’re already planning ONA18, and we need want to hear your ideas. Send in your session suggestions and we may ask you to speak at the conference.
Journalism Mentorship Collaborative
Join an open network of newsrooms who are deeply committed to diversifying their organizations through mentorship programs.
Online Journalism Awards
See the winners for the 2017 OJAs learn about their award-winning work.
Stay updated with ONA emails
See past issues in the newsletter archive
Events & Opportunities
Shaping the conversation on immersive storytelling at SXSWMarch 8, 2018
Announcing the inaugural ONA Journalism Mentorship Collaborative FellowsFebruary 28, 2018
Warm welcome in Los Angeles for the 2018 class of the Women’s Leadership AcceleratorFebruary 28, 2018
Speakers and mentors at the 2018 Women’s Leadership AcceleratorFebruary 21, 2018
Join the sharpest minds in journalism
Become a Member
Members also receive discounts on entry fees for the Online Journalism Awards, the only annual awards competition that acknowledges the best and the brightest work in digital news, identifying and publicly honoring models of excellence for the profession.
- Career Center: ONA’s online job board, open to the entire digital journalism community, offers access to hundreds of career opportunities. Learn more.
- ONA Local meet-ups: ONA encourages and supports our members in holding regular meet-ups focused on networking, skills and career development, new technology and journalism issues. Check our our growing list of ONA Local cities and activities around the world.
- Social networks: Share, discuss and learn with other members through ONA’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn communities that connect educators, students, conference and local event attendees all over the world.
- ONA Issues: Have a burning journalism issue you’d like to learn more about? Join our Tumblr forum, where content — whether breaking news or cool new ideas — is constantly updated.
- Online Media Legal Network: ONA’s partnership with the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society points our members to free or reduced-fee legal help, including advice on forming and governing a business, copyright licensing and fair use, freelancer agreements, access to government information, pre-publication review of content and representation in litigation.
Build Your Own Ethics Code
Use our interactive tool to create a code of ethics that reflects journalism practices in the digital age.
Browse through hundreds of open journalism job listings, or post an opening at your organization.
Explore all the resources from our annual conference, the premier gathering of highly engaged digital journalists.