The Online News Association is a nonprofit membership organization for digital journalists — connecting journalism, technology and innovation. Learn More →
Get excited for our 20th anniversary and celebrate with us in New Orleans, Sept. 12-14, 2019.
OJA Finalists Announced!
The Online Journalism Awards celebrate excellence and innovation in digital media storytelling.
Journalism 360 Unconference
Join us in New York on July 23 at Columbia University for a one-day conference on immersive storytelling.
Stay updated with ONA emails
See past issues in the newsletter archive
We reach our members and the broader journalism community through programs focused on training and networking, leadership development, diversity in newsrooms and honoring excellence. Learn how you can get involved.
These are the leaders in the Journalism 360 global network of storytellers accelerating the understanding and production of immersive journalism.
The organizers of ONA Local groups from across the United States and the world, including several student groups at universities. Find a local group near you.
From volunteer-led local meetups to digital journalism’s premier industry conference, there are many opportunities to connect with ONA throughout the year. Find the local group nearest you.
2019 Online Journalism Awards finalists announcedAugust 13, 2019
Reach new audiences with a creative evergreen content strategyJuly 29, 2019
ONA opens applications for 2019 MJ Bear Fellowship, expands program with support from Microsoft NewsJune 4, 2019
ONA expands the Online Journalism Awards with new category and cash prizes for engaged journalism projectsMay 21, 2019
ONA Career Center
Temple UniversityPosted Aug 23
Temple UniversityPosted Aug 23
Colorado Public RadioPosted Aug 23
American UniversityPosted Aug 23
NJ.com & The Star-Ledger (NJ Advance Media)Posted Aug 22
Join the sharpest minds in journalism
Become a Member
Members also receive discounts on entry fees for the Online Journalism Awards, the only annual awards competition that acknowledges the best and the brightest work in digital news, identifying and publicly honoring models of excellence for the profession.
- Career Center: ONA’s online job board, open to the entire digital journalism community, offers access to hundreds of career opportunities. Learn more.
- ONA Local meet-ups: ONA encourages and supports our members in holding regular meet-ups focused on networking, skills and career development, new technology and journalism issues. Check our our growing list of ONA Local cities and activities around the world.
- Social networks: Share, discuss and learn with other members through ONA’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn communities that connect educators, students, conference and local event attendees all over the world.
- ONA Issues: Have a burning journalism issue you’d like to learn more about? Join our Tumblr forum, where content — whether breaking news or cool new ideas — is constantly updated.
- Online Media Legal Network: ONA’s partnership with the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society points our members to free or reduced-fee legal help, including advice on forming and governing a business, copyright licensing and fair use, freelancer agreements, access to government information, pre-publication review of content and representation in litigation.
Build Your Own Ethics Code
Use our interactive tool to create a code of ethics that reflects journalism practices in the digital age.
Browse through hundreds of open journalism job listings, or post an opening at your organization.
Explore all the resources from our annual conference, the premier gathering of highly engaged digital journalists.