The Online News Association is a nonprofit membership organization for digital journalists — connecting journalism, technology and innovation.
Take a look at what we do.
Online Journalism Awards
Explore the 100 finalists in over 30 categories! Winners will be announced Sept. 15.
Join us in Austin, TX, Sept. 13-15 for our flagship 3-day conference.
Board of Directors
Meet the candidates for the 2019 ONA Board election. Voting opens Sept. 11
Stay updated with ONA emails
See past issues in the newsletter archive
Events & Opportunities
Announcing the 2018 Online Journalism Award WinnersSeptember 15, 2018
Journalism 360 awards $195,000 to 11 winning projects that use immersive storytelling to advance journalismSeptember 12, 2018
Meet ONA’s 2018 MJ Bear Fellows, under-30 journalists expanding the boundaries of digital newsAugust 22, 2018
2018 Online Journalism Awards finalists and James Foley Award recipient announcedAugust 14, 2018
ONA Career Center
Pennsylvania State UniversityPosted Sep 20
American Chemical SocietyPosted Sep 20
EdSource Inc.Posted Sep 18
EdSource Inc.Posted Sep 18
ChalkbeatPosted Sep 18
Join the sharpest minds in journalism
Become a Member
Members also receive discounts on entry fees for the Online Journalism Awards, the only annual awards competition that acknowledges the best and the brightest work in digital news, identifying and publicly honoring models of excellence for the profession.
- Career Center: ONA’s online job board, open to the entire digital journalism community, offers access to hundreds of career opportunities. Learn more.
- ONA Local meet-ups: ONA encourages and supports our members in holding regular meet-ups focused on networking, skills and career development, new technology and journalism issues. Check our our growing list of ONA Local cities and activities around the world.
- Social networks: Share, discuss and learn with other members through ONA’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn communities that connect educators, students, conference and local event attendees all over the world.
- ONA Issues: Have a burning journalism issue you’d like to learn more about? Join our Tumblr forum, where content — whether breaking news or cool new ideas — is constantly updated.
- Online Media Legal Network: ONA’s partnership with the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society points our members to free or reduced-fee legal help, including advice on forming and governing a business, copyright licensing and fair use, freelancer agreements, access to government information, pre-publication review of content and representation in litigation.
Build Your Own Ethics Code
Use our interactive tool to create a code of ethics that reflects journalism practices in the digital age.
Browse through hundreds of open journalism job listings, or post an opening at your organization.
Explore all the resources from our annual conference, the premier gathering of highly engaged digital journalists.