Celeste LeCompte is the vice president of strategy and operations at ProPublica, focused on revenue, partnerships and other strategic initiatives. In her previous roles, she has worked on product development, content strategy and editorial management for numerous media companies, nonprofits and corporate clients. LeCompte previously served on the launch team for Gigaom Research, a market research service specializing in emerging technologies. As director of product and special projects editor, she developed editorial strategy, oversaw consumer sales and managed partnerships with major media outlets. LeCompte was also a co-founder and business manager of Climate Confidential, a crowdfunded environmental reporting project that emphasized collaboration with national and local media partners. She is also an award-winning journalist, primarily covering technology, innovation and environmental issues. Her work has taken her from rural farms in Illinois to factory floors in China, with stories appearing in a diverse range of consumer and business publications, including Bloomberg Businessweek, Outside, Smithsonian, Scientific American, Nieman Reports and more. LeCompte was a 2015 Nieman Fellow at Harvard University.
- Digital Journalism Insights 2018: Lightning Talks from ONA Board Candidates — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- The Revenue Roundup: 6 Idea$ to Monetize Your Newsroom — ONA16, September 17, 2016
- Story, Platform and Design: Digital Journalism Insights — ONA16, September 17, 2016
- Why It’s Critical for Your Business and Editorial Sides to Collaborate — and How to Do It Ethically and Effectively — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Events With an Editorial Lens — Insights: Revenue and Engagement, May 10, 2018