The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is an intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. The tuition-free program kicks off with a week of tailored, immersive programming for 26 promising women leaders March 1-6, 2020 at the UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center in Los Angeles. ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year; the program culminates with a workshop at ONA’s annual conference.
These 26 women leaders were selected from a pool of more than 400 applicants to participate in the 2020 Women’s Leadership Accelerator. They represent seven countries and a range of backgrounds, newsrooms and expertise, including local news entrepreneurship, operations, product innovation, visual journalism and broadcast. Throughout the year, they will work with top minds in digital media to tackle challenges specific to their careers.
Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- A week of hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; inspiring visits to digital media organizations; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders.
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the 2020 Online News Association Conference (ONA20) in Atlanta.
- A half-day workshop for women in the program during ONA20.
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system.
2020 Speakers and Mentors
The 2020 Accelerator will connect the cohort to a range of prominent speakers and mentors:
The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is tuition-free thanks to the support of lead funder Dow Jones Foundation, and additional support from Microsoft News, the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation; Ethics & Excellence in Journalism Foundation; Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; the John S. Knight (JSK) Journalism Fellowships; and Flower Child.
We are seeking more partners committed to investing in women’s leadership and digital journalism. If you are interested in supporting the Accelerator program, contact Jessica Strelitz, Chief Strategic Partnerships Officer, at email@example.com, to discuss opportunities.