- Jim Brady
- Neil Budde
- Cory Tolbert Haik
- Jody Brannon
- Ken Sands
- Katharine Fong
- Liz Lufkin
- Amy Webb
- Jonathan Dube
- Anthony Moor
- Jane McDonnell (Executive Director)
- Sean Connelly (Editor, Journalists.org)
- Jeanne Brooks, (Community engagement manager)
Not in attendance:
- Christine Montgomery
- Jody Brannon
- Jonathan Hart
- Katie King
- Meredith Artley
- Dick Meyer
- The October minutes were approved.
- Staffing updates (Jane McDonnell, Executive Director), announcing Sean Connolly as fulltime editor of Journalists.org and Jeanne Brooks as community engagement manager. Jeanne will now take over parachute training, meet ups, events, etc.
- Voting update, Sean Connolly (Editor, Journalists.org). We recorded the highest number of voting members in ONA history. We will announce results Monday, Nov. 22 to ONA members with actual vote counts to the membership — winners and losers.
- O’Reily Newsfoo event, Dec. 3-5, Pheonix, Ariz.
- January 2011 Board meeting San Francisco, Yahoo! HotJobs office
Updates and Discussion
- Jane updated on conference financials, with highest attendance numbers to date registered for general sessions. Updates on financials for conference, with most profitable conference to date. We also exceeded job fair goals and made goal for the OJA dinner.
- In Jan. board meeting, Neil Budde (Treasurer) has been asked to report on the cost/benefit of opening registration to more folks.
- Website Committee (Meredith Artley, Chair) has an upcoming Dec. 13 meeting in DC to talk about website design for ONA site. They are taking a very strategic, but a iterative approach to perhaps get some improvements out of the door soon. There will be board check-ins along the way. First will be the board meeting in Jan.
- Education Committee (Jody Brannon, Chair) updates that the ONA educators group on Facebook is really netting valuable conversation.
- Events Committee (Jeanne Brooks, Community engagement manager; Ken Sands, Cory Haik, Co-Chairs) updates there have been events in Seattle, San Francisio, others. And that there is a real hunger post-conference, for meetups, with many on the schedule.
- Jeanne is working on a ‘startup toolkit’ for doing meet ups, etc. and style guide.
- Membership Committee and member update (Liz Lufkin, Chair). Liz has been working wtih Jeanne on a few initiatives.
- Advisory Board (Amy Webb, Chair) update. Next steps were sent in email.
- Partnership Committee (Jane) updates that we are looking at them individually as they come to us. Also we will talk about about this more deeply at the Jan. meeting, laying out a strategic vision.
Board call ended at 2p, ET￼