- Christine Montgomery
- Jim Brady
- Neil Budde
- Cory Tolbert Haik
- Meredith Artley
- Anthony Moor
- Ken Sands
- Amy Webb
- Jonathan Dube
- Jonathan Hart
- Katherine Fong
- Katie King
- Jane McDonnell (Executive Director)
- Sherry Skalko (Editor, Journalists.org)
Not in attendance:
- Dick Meyer
- Jody Brannon
- Ken Sands
- The January minutes were approved.
- Jane: The next in-person board meeting will be in May and the group discussed options on where to hold. She noted auditors would like to attend and do a presentation on the 2009 budget. Also, Josh Hatch and Amy Eisman, the co-chairs for the 2010 ONA conference, would like to do a presentation on the conference planning.
- Jim reports we had a strong 2009 conference and that we are keeping our membership numbers strong. We had a “pretty good year” in a very tough environment.
- He is working on updated projections for the 2010 conference.
- Jim will be sending around the details so Board members can look at the line items.
- Amy and Jim talked about the Advisory Board. Amy is chairing this committee and steps will be made very soon to move things forward.
- Amy: This is a commitee that will help us raise money and be sustainable. We are shooting for ten people, we may end up with 8. This list of the expectations and benefits of this group are part of the Writeboard docs. Amy asked for the Board to go through the documents she has posted and add notes. She would like to have this done by Feb. 28.
- Jane reports things are moving along with sponsorship and there are some new options for sponsorship this year.
- Also, that the Session Selector is going quite well. Feb 28 is the soft-deadline for the Selector. Voting will start on March 2. We are also trying to settle on the location for the 2011 conference.
- Anthony reported on Poynter and NewsU and the upcoming session on social gaming apps. Liz/Anthony talked about working on a mobile-first strategy panel for the ASNE conference. And that they are looking at ways to help ONA have a presence at the ASNE event.
- Cory gave updates on upcoming events and talked about the parachute training/programming. She explained some of the regional chair ideas and talked about a visualization ready for the May board meeting of where all the active events are and what territories are covered.
- ￼￼Anthony: He will have something for the Board to react to toward the end of the month on an award proposal.
The call was adjourned at 9:59 a.m. ET