In person meeting, Washington, DC
Friday, May 14, 2010, 9 a.m. – noon
- Christine Montgomery
- Jim Brady
- Cory Tolbert Haik
- Neil Budde
- Meredith Artley
- Jody Brannon
- Katie King
- Liz Lufkin
- Dick Meyer
- Anthony Moor
- Ken Sands
- Jonathan Dube
- Jonathan Hart
- Jane McDonnell (Executive Director)
- Sherry Skalko (Editor, Journalists.org)
- Carolyn Goodman, Goodman and Company
Not in attendance:
- Katharine Fong [joined via Skype for vote and for the Diversity Committee update]
- Amy Webb
- Carolyn Goodman from Goodman and Company gave a presentation and update on ONA accounting procedures.
- A statement of assets, liabilities and net assets were shown to the Board from a modified cash basis. The Board was shown the cash-basis financials for 2009.
Conflict of Interest Policy
- The board talked about the COI policy.
- Dick Meyer moved that the Board amend the COI policy circulated by Jon Hart.
- All Board Members were in favor.
- Jon Hart updated the Board on legal committee work. The Board discussed the shield law and decided it would take some time to dig in to this ahead of the next Board call.
- Cory Haik and Ken Sands reported on the events committee work and the Parachute Training workshops.
- Jody Brannon talked about the three Student Clubs that have been formed.
- Katharine Fong went over the diversity statement and principles of ONA.
- Katie King reported on the global participation in ONA.
The Board meeting ended at noon.