- Anthony Moor
- Jody Brannon
- Katharine Fong
- Will Sullivan
- Jim Brady
- Liz Lufkin
- Robert Hernandez
- Christine Montgomery
- Ken Sands
- Josh Hatch
- Meredith Artley
- Katie King
- Jane McDonnell
- Jeanne Brooks
- Jane and Jody report: Timeline being refined to establish steps to implement the scholarships that will emphasize diversity, ideas and youth. First ones will be available for autumn semester 2012.
MJ Bear Fellowships
- Jane and Jody report: Committee refining criterion requirements and selection process of two U.S. selections, and MSN International has committed to funding for a third. Board members were asked to tell Jane of their interest in being a mentor for those who are selected.
- Jane reports: InDesign contract is signed for site buildout. Timeline established for anticipated goal of launching by end of August in time for conference. Architecture and wireframes for journalists.org and members.journalist.org to be completed by end of month. Testing set for summer. ONA will hire a part-time producer/editor to help with content build-out.
- Report from Jeanne and Katie: Regular groups are busy hosting events. Looking for leadership of events in San Francisco area and Toronto. Working toward April 15 panel at the International Journalism Festival April 13-17 in Perugia, Italy. Launching ONA Deutsch. Hoping for more events in Boston and Seattle and possibly in Philadelphia and South Africa.
- Denver parachute training set for early May. ONA will participate in NYC Student Media conference in March and AAHJ conference in Orlando in June.
- An ONA meetup is set for SXSW Sunday, March 13, at the Mark, 422 Congress Ave. at 3:30 p.m.
- Jane reports: The conference will return to San Francisco, Sept. 20-23, 2012.
- Anthony reports: Committee is listening to feedback for awards based on size (audience vs. staff) and “craft” niches like weather. Awards likely emphasize digital entries to include but not limit entries to Web. Instead of screeners this year, each judge will be matched with an assistant.
- Jane reports: Site is live. Members are submitting panels with the Session Selector. Voting ends March 25 at 6 p.m. ET.
- Cconference costs: $399 through May; then $499 through July; $599 thereafter. The planning committee continues to explore options for keynotes; board directed to the Whiteboard for reference and to make suggestions. Sponsorships already are starting to come in.
Board call ended at 2 p.m. ET