9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Christine Montgomery
- Jim Brady
- Cory Tolbert Haik
- Neil Budde
- Meredith Artley
- Jody Brannon
- Katie King
- Liz Lufkin
- Dick Meyer
- Anthony Moor
- Ken Sands
- Amy Webb
- Jonathan Dube
- Jonathan Hart
- Jane McDonnell (Executive Director) Sherry Skalko (Editor, Journalists.org)
- Bridget Gallagher, development consultant
- Josh Hatch, ONA conference co-chair
- Amy Eisman, ONA conference co-chair
Not in attendance:
- Katharine Fong [joined via Skype for Board vote]
- Board president Christine Montgomery opened with remarks about how ONA as an organization has two areas of focus at present: partnerships and membership.
- Jane McDonnell showed a membership growth slide and said it is going as it should. She passed out the new ONA printed collateral for ONA Board members to distribute at public events, etc.
- ￼Jane McDonnell and Sherry Skalko discussed the need to hire a part-time events manager.
- Liz Lufkin discussed possible candidates and opportunities from underrepresented areas as well as various professional categories.
- Many groups are interested in partnering with ONA. A subcommittee will be determined to look at these relationships systematically and make a recommendation.
- Jane McDonnell discussed the status of current ONA proposals.
Board election process and nominations
- The Board discussed potential nominees for the upcoming open Board seats.
- The Board commenced to vote on bylaws that we approved on the last conference call. The wording was not identical to what was agreed to on the Board call so Jon Hart read them aloud. Dick Meyer then made a motion to vote on the amended bylaws that Jon circulated in email to all members and they were approved unanimously.
- Calls for entry will be open at the end of May, a couple of months later than usual.
- Conference co-chairs Amy Eiseman and Josh Hatch gave an update to the board on the planning to date.
The Board meeting ended at 5:00 p.m.