- Christine Montgomery
- Cory Haik
- Robert Hernandez
- Jody Brannon
- Ken Sands
- Will Sullivan
- Amy Webb
- Anthony Moor
- Rob King
- Liz Lufkin
- Katharine Fong
- Josh Hatch
- Jeanne Brooks, (Community engagement manager) Jane McDonnell (Executive Director)
- Sean Connolly (Editor, Journalists.org)
Not in attendance:
- Meredith Artley
- Katie King
- Jim Brady
- Jon Hart
- The March minutes were approved.
- The board meeting for May meeting is set. Christine Montgomery went over the meeting plans and how the agenda will roll out.
- Jane McDonnell discussed the AP scholarship opportunity as well as the Google partnership as a done deal. ONA will start with the hiring piece of it soon. ONA will announce the three finalists in August. The MJ Bear fellowship and mentor program is also close to being developed.
- Jeanne Brooks gave an update on events. She is implementing a quarterly check in call with international groups. ONA Seattle launched a weekly meet up group. Robert Hernandez organized an LA meet up. There was a Mobile migration workshop in Nashville that Cory Haik attended. ONA Canada is hosting an event on the 13th. We are sending folks to the International Journalism Festival.
- We now have ONA Dallas who will have their first event soon. Jeanne was currently at a Media reform event. Jeanne is connecting with Robert for programming at NAHJ. We launched the ONAIssue Tumblr and it already has a good number of followers.
- Issues production update from Cory Haik. Will Sullivan talked about what we are doing on the Issues production this month around net neutrality.
- Sean Connolly updated the group on awards. He has tested what will use for submittal and judging. Sean will schedule a call on this with Anthony and Josh.
- Jane gave an update on the conference. Registration opens this Monday. Sean is working on the newsletter now. ONA will be announcing the new fee structure. There will be six weeks of early bird and then it jumps to next level. Jane talked about how some of the pre-conference workshops were going, etc. Job fair, etc. Sponsorships are going great. She discussed keynotes, programming, etc.
The call ended at 2:00 ET