The Women’s Leadership Accelerator is an intensive program that supercharges the leadership and management skills of women who are pushing digital innovation. The tuition-free program kicks off with three days of tailored, immersive virtual programming for 26 promising women leaders.
ONA provides support and coaching to participants throughout the year, through online workshops and coaching tailored to the needs of the cohort. Following the virtual kickoff, the 2022 cohort members will gather as a group in person in June and September for workshops of customized programming.
Selected from a pool of more than 200 applicants, the 26 women in 2022 cohort represent six countries and serve audiences from Birmingham, Alabama, to Johannesburg, South Africa. The majority of this inspiring group identify as women of color, and they bring to the cohort a range of journalism backgrounds. We are thrilled to welcome editors, managers, producers, founders, directors, and journalists with expertise in local news, product, operations, partnerships, audience, digital strategy, AI, immersive storytelling, and visual and audio production.
The Texas Tribune
House of Pod
Kaiser Health News
The New York Times
Los Angeles Times
The Intercept Brasil
Colorado Public Radio
AJ Contrast, Al Jazeera Digital
The 2022 Women’s Leadership Accelerator provides:
- Virtual kickoff workshop in March and an in-person cohort gathering in June, focused on hands-on personal and professional work; candid discussions about leadership, work-life balance and problem-solving in the newsroom; deep dives on developing leadership and management skills; and one-on-one mentoring from industry leaders
- A year of check-ins and practical, targeted guidance and personal coaching on individual challenges
- Registration to the 2022 Online News Association Conference (ONA22)
- Closing workshop for the cohort in September, coinciding with ONA22
- The opportunity to be a part of a cohort of peers to serve as a strong career-long support system
The 2022 Women’s Leadership Accelerator is supported by lead funder Dow Jones Foundation, with additional support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, Inasmuch Foundation, the Tiffany Shackelford Foundation and Otter.ai.
To learn more about supporting the program, contact Jessica Strelitz, Chief Strategic Partnerships Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.