WASHINGTON, D.C. — Members of the Online News Association, the world’s largest membership organization of digital journalists, elected four new members to its Board of Directors and re-elected two incumbents to a two-year term.
The newest directors, Charo Henríquez, Senior Editor of Digital Storytelling and Training at The New York Times; Nathalie Malinarich, Editor, Mobile & New Formats at BBC News; Shazna Nessa, Deputy Managing Editor & Global Head of Visuals at the Wall Street Journal; and Versha Sharma, Managing Editor & Senior Correspondent at NowThis will join the Board Jan. 1, 2018.
The re-elected members are P. Kim Bui, Editor-at-Large at NowThis, and Eric Carvin, Social Media Editor at The Associated Press.
The New York Times
“We are thrilled to bring four dynamic new voices to the ONA board in Shazna, Charo, Versha and Nathalie,” said ONA Board President Joshua Hatch. “They will make an immediate impact as we begin work on our next strategic plan.”
Serving out their current two-year terms through 2018 are:
- Benét Wilson, Aviation Queen LLC & Secretary, Online News Association
- Celeste LeCompte, Director of Business Development, ProPublica
- Elite Truong, Product Manager, Partner Platforms, Vox Media
- Greg Linch, Data Developer, McClatchy
- Imaeyen Ibanga, Senior Digital Video Producer and Manager, AJ+
- José Zamora, Vice President of Strategic Communications, Univision Network News
- Joshua Hatch, Knight Science Journalism Fellow at MIT & President, Online News Association
- Mandy Jenkins, Head of News, Storyful & Vice President, Online News Association
An additional two seats will be appointed by the Board this winter to help meet specific organizational goals, including a non-voting student representative.
We thank everyone who ran and voted, and encourage active participation in choosing ONA’s leadership in future elections. View more information on election results.