Update: Voting in the 2024-25 ONA Board election ended Sept. 7, 2023
We are pleased to introduce the candidates up for election to the Online News Association’s 2024-25 Board of Directors. In all, 15 candidates — nine new nominees and six incumbents — are running for six open seats on the board. Board candidates were nominated by ONA members, and ONA’s Governance Committee assessed them on four nominee criteria.
All active ONA members as of Thursday, Aug. 10, will be eligible to cast a ballot. Voting will open on Aug. 14 and close Sept. 7. Join ONA or check your membership status to ensure you are registered to vote. New board members will begin their two-year terms on Jan. 1, 2024.
Explore each candidate’s profile to learn about their backgrounds and their vision for ONA.
- Angela Chao, Managing Editor of Global News, Healthline Media
- Molly Stark Dean, Head of Audience Development, Rolli
- Ethar El-Katatney, News Product Strategy Lead for the Americas, Bloomberg
- Ethan Holland, Vice President, Draper Media
- Ryan Kellett, VP, Audience, Axios Media
- Alexandra Ptachick, Director of new content initiatives, Hearst Newspapers
- Michelle Raghavan, Founder and Executive Director, Claridad Media
- Louise Tierney, Global Product Manager, HITL, Bloomberg
- Nasr ul Hadi, Executive Director, PROTO Studio
- Charo Henríquez, Editor, Newsroom Development & Support, The New York Times
- Anita Li, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, The Green Line
- Angela Pacienza, Executive Editor, The Globe and Mail
- Versha Sharma, Editor-in-Chief, Teen Vogue
- Graham Watson-Ringo, Senior Director of Member Strategy, News Revenue Hub
- Elana Zak, Newsletter Strategy Director, The Washington Post
Current Board member Fergus Bell is at the end of his term. We are grateful for his service to the ONA community.
Current Board President David Smydra will be beginning his ex-officio term next year.
Voters will be able to meet with the candidates at the 2023 Online News Association Conference.
* Note: Elana Zak has temporarily recused herself from participating in the Governance Committee during the election process.
The Online News Association was founded in 1999 as a forum for digital news pioneers to collaborate on common challenges and encourage the highest journalistic standards. Become an ONA member or make a donation to sustain our mission to inspire and support innovation and excellence in digital journalism.
To explore partnerships, promotional opportunities and other ways to invest in ONA’s programs and events, contact Chief Strategic Partnerships Officer Jessica Strelitz at email@example.com.