I’m an experienced newsroom leader with a track record of helping brands and publishers build engaged loyal audiences. I work at the intersection of audience and revenue. I’ve led global audience teams at Bloomberg and Business Insider, developing strategic partnerships and driving sharp increases in audience, revenue and traffic across platforms. I’m fluent in many social platforms, understand SEO and have the editorial perspective that comes from editing comScore’s top business news site, covering the global financial crisis from Washington, D.C., and working as a local news beat reporter. There’s ink in my veins and I continue to contribute to publications including Travel + Leisure and Poynter. I regularly speak at media industry industry events around the world, conduct journalism and social media training and absolutely love what I do.
- Beyond Facebook: How to Survive and Thrive After Newsfeed Changes — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Digital Journalism Insights 2018: Lightning Talks from ONA Board Candidates — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Story, Platform and Design: Digital Journalism Insights — ONA16, September 17, 2016
- Developing the Audience You Don’t Have — ONA16, September 17, 2016
- SmartNews, Flipboard, Apple News and More: Navigating the Third-Party Traffic Landscape — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- Building Your Freelancer Brand: Pitch Editors, Tell Stories, Get Paid — ONA18, September 12, 2018