Meena Thiruvengadam is a journalist and media entrepreneur with a background in breaking news, audience development and digital strategy. She led audience development at Business Insider and Bloomberg, worked as an editor for Yahoo Finance in New York and covered the 2008 financial crisis for Dow Jones Newswires and The Wall Street Journal, mostly from the basement of the U.S. Treasury in Washington, D.C. As a consultant, she works with newsrooms around the world to develop and fine-tune their audience, product and revenue strategies. She’s a contributor to publications including Travel+Leisure, Lonely Planet and Conde Nast Traveler and the founder and editor-in-chief of TravelwithMeena.com. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Beyond Facebook: How to Survive and Thrive After Newsfeed Changes — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Digital Journalism Insights 2018: Lightning Talks from ONA Board Candidates — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Story, Platform and Design: Digital Journalism Insights — ONA16, September 17, 2016
- Developing the Audience You Don’t Have — ONA16, September 17, 2016
- Resilience in Combating Misinformation — May 22, 2023
- SmartNews, Flipboard, Apple News and More: Navigating the Third-Party Traffic Landscape — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- Building Your Freelancer Brand: Pitch Editors, Tell Stories, Get Paid — ONA18, September 12, 2018