What We Learned from Looking at 1.2 Billion Google Top Stories Boxes
September 11, 2019
This event is possible through the support of Chorus by Vox Media
Presenters: Tobias Fellner-Jost, who founded the award-winning Trisolute News Dashboard, and Chelsey Heath, news SEO strategist.
How do YOUR articles appear in Google? We crunched the numbers and will share the most visible publishers in the U.S., UK, Australia, Germany Switzerland and France, as well as industry trends in AMP; where your target keyword should appear in a headline; and more.
Whether you already have a newsroom SEO strategy in place or you’re considering how you can improve the engagement and readership you get from search engines, you need hard data on visibility and optimization.
We will share:
- Most visible news publishers in Google News and the Top Stories Boxes per country, so you can examine their tactics and best practices
- Where your target search keywords should be placed in headlines
- Accelerated Mobile Pages trends and how they affect what new articles are seen
- The variety of publishers who appear in Google News and Top Stories
- Do words like “live” and “breaking” help articles rank in search engines
- How old are the articles that appear on the SERPs