As part of the CNN Diversity Fellowship at ONA18, four digital journalists from diverse backgrounds with experience reporting for mobile and social platforms will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to the ONA conference in Austin, Texas, Sept. 13.15. Scholarship winners will participate in one-on-one networking and mentoring events throughout the conference. For the fourth year, this opportunity is supported by CNN.
Applications for the 2018 class will open soon.
Applicants should have:
- A passion for creative storytelling on mobile and social platforms
- Experience with producing and/or curating content for mobile web and apps
- Deep knowledge of the news mobile and social space
- Understanding of how to build community around content and topics through listening, participation and interaction
- Complimentary registration for the 2018 Online News Association Conference in Austin, TX.
- Roundtrip economy-class airfare to ONA18
- Four nights’ lodging at the JW Marriott
- Some meals included within conference registration.
Scholarship winners will also participate in one-on-one networking and mentoring events throughout the conference.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Applications are open to journalists of diverse backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age and gender.
- May 23: CNN Diversity fellowship applications open
- June 28 at 11:59 p.m. ET – Applications due
- Aug.: Fellows announced
2019 Selection Committee
John Ketchum, SB Nation (former fellow)
Emma Carew Grovum, The Daily Beast
Ray Ruiz, El Gato Media Network
Benet Wilson, Aviation Queen LLC