The Online News Association (ONA) is thrilled to contribute programming to the International Journalism Festival, April 6–10 in Perugia, Italy. Europe’s largest annual media event returns to Perugia after a two-year hiatus.
ONA is organizing two sessions for journalists and media leaders interested in local news innovation, organizational culture and addressing systemic racism. Follow highlights next week on Twitter via @ONA and #IJF22.
- Featured speakers: ONA board members Ashley Alvarado, Vice President of Community Engagement & Strategic Initiatives at KPCC, and Anita Li, Founder and CEO of The Green Line, a newly launched outlet serving Toronto
- What to expect: Grounding and inspiration from two leaders who have managed initiatives around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in their organizations; practical tools and resources to apply in your newsrooms; and frameworks for engaging underrepresented communities
- Featured speakers: Marianna Bruschi, journalist at GEDI Gruppo Editoriale and ONA Italia member; Candice Fortman, Executive Editor of Outlier Media; Anita Li, Founder and CEO of The Green Line and ONA board member; Tassos Morfis, Founder of Project Epsilon and Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of AthensLive
- What to expect: Perspectives from Canada, Greece, Italy and the United States on engaging audiences from news consumption to local action
Connect with more ONA board members
Also speaking in Perugia are ONA board members Angela Pacienza, Executive Editor at The Globe and Mail; Anita Zielina, Director of Strategic Initiatives at CUNY’s Newmark J-School; and Fergus Bell, Founder and CEO of Fathm. Make plans to connect with them at their sessions:
- Angela Pacienza on the future of newsrooms in a hybrid work culture
- Anita Zielina on learning and leadership in the newsroom, integrating content and product and leading empathetic newsrooms
- Fergus Bell on direct publishing, cultivating innovation and cross-field collaboration
ONA organizes journalism learning and networking opportunities throughout the year. To learn about the latest training and resources, subscribe to the ONA Weekly newsletter and follow us on Twitter @ONA.
To explore partnerships, sponsorship for our annual conference (#ONA22), promotional opportunities and other ways to invest in ONA’s programs and events, contact Chief Strategic Partnerships Officer Jessica Strelitz at email@example.com.