Join us for a virtual celebration for this year’s finalists and winners in 17 of the 23 categories for the 2023 Online Journalism Awards (OJAs). Launched in May 2000, the Online Journalism Awards are the only comprehensive set of journalism prizes honoring excellence in digital journalism around the world.
The announcement is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate and support friends and colleagues nominated as finalists for this year’s program, and congratulate the winners on their exceptional work.
- Imaeyen Ibanga, Presenter, Documentarian, & Senior Producer at AJ+
- LaSharah Bunting, CEO and Executive Director at the Online News Association
Categories being announced and honored
- 3M Truth in Science Award, supported by 3M
- Breaking News
- Digital Video Storytelling
- Excellence and Innovation in Visual Digital Storytelling
- Excellence in Audio Digital Storytelling
- Excellence in Collaboration and Partnerships
- Excellence in Immersive and Emerging Technology Storytelling
- Excellence in Newsletters
- Excellence in Social Justice Reporting
- Excellence in Social Media Engagement
- Excellence in Technology Reporting
- Explanatory Reporting
- Online Commentary
- Sports, Health and Wellness
- Student Journalism Award
- The Al Neuharth Innovation in Investigative Journalism Award
Winners in the remaining six OJA categories will be announced at the Online Journalism Awards Banquet and Ceremony taking place Saturday, Aug. 26, in Philadelphia. Tickets may be purchased online to attend in-person. The ceremony will also be livestreamed on Aug. 26 at 7:45 p.m. EDT.
This virtual event is free to all. Registered attendees will receive a Zoom link prior to the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will the meetup take place?
This event will be hosted on Zoom. You’ll have the best experience if you join via the Zoom app on a desktop or laptop computer. You can also join using the mobile app or dial in by phone, though you may not be able to follow the presentation as easily. If you’re unfamiliar with Zoom, we’ll have staff on hand to troubleshoot, and we also suggest checking out the Zoom support site for more help.
Will closed captioning be available?
We will make closed captioning available.