Find ONA and staff members on your platform of choice for regular updates about our work and to discuss mutual interests.
We deliver this newsletter on Wednesdays. The content includes new programs we’re launching and invitations to register for trainings and ONA Local events. We also include the latest job opportunities from the ONA Career Center, as well as the popular “On our radar” roundup — timely, curated articles and resources to improve your work.
ONA offers advertising opportunities in newsletters. Explore options, availability and rates to promote programs, events, research surveys, fellowships and more to the global ONA network.
ONA Slack Community
We’ve maintained a Slack workspace since 2016 to connect participants in select programs. Based on community feedback, we are expanding investment into this platform to make it a gathering space for the ONA community.
Here, you can expect ONA announcements, reminders about open opportunities and conversations with peers. In the future, we plan to experiment with occasional events, which could include networking meetups, drop-ins from industry experts and ONA staff “office hours.”
- ONA Community Slack: This link will take you to the community if you’re already a member, and if not, it will invite you to set up an account.
This platform is ONA’s hub of all things career-focused. Followers can expect updates about programs and resources to boost your journalism career, jobs and opportunities, discussions about industry developments and more.
New this year: We are starting a LinkedIn-only newsletter focused on careers! Follow our LinkedIn page to be the first to know when this newsletter launches — the page will send you a notification when we publish.
- LinkedIn page: Online News Association
- LinkedIn group: ONA Community: This group is for anyone interested in digital journalism to connect with each other. We are not actively moderating it or posting here.
ONA’s Twitter account has long been our go-to channel to connect on all things ONA and resources for journalists. You can expect us to share frequent announcements about opportunities through ONA, including event registration, fellowship programs, volunteer roles, the Board election process and more.
Annual conference updates
The annual conference brings together the latest innovation in audience engagement, news products, technological trends and digital business strategy. There are several ways to stay in the loop leading up to, during and after the conference.
- Subscribe to the ONA23 News newsletter for regular email updates about the programming and other opportunities
- Follow @ONAConf on Twitter for live coverage of select sessions
- Use the conference hashtag #ONA23 to share your experience and #ONA23Help on Twitter for any questions
- Once you’ve signed up for the ONA Slack, join the #ONA23 channel to connect with other attendees to discuss must-see sessions, coordinate travel plans or host impromptu meetups.
- Online News Association group: ONA’s primary Facebook group is a place for occasional updates about our work and discussions of industry news, as well as a place to connect with others interested in digital journalism.
- ONA Educators: Connect and learn with educators and professionals interested in issues relevant to teaching and hiring the next generation of journalists.
We’ve joined this new text-based social media platform as an experiment! Join us as we explore this space.
Connect with ONA staff
LaSharah S. Bunting, Executive Director and CEO
Talk to LaSharah about equity and inclusion, digital transformation, leadership, philanthropy, Nebraska football and the best book you’ve read recently.
Trevor Knoblich, Chief Knowledge Officer
Talk to Trevor about leadership development, organizational culture, exploring unusual travel destinations and wildlife spotting.
Jessica Strelitz, Chief Strategic Partnerships Officer
Talk to Jessica about Maine, where to find your next, best meal and the challenges of being a mother and a news leader.
Lauren Anderson, Events and Membership Manager
Talk to Lauren about membership engagement, events, diversity, equity and inclusion, and pop culture.
Carrie Blazina, Communications Manager
Talk to Carrie about innovation in social media and audience engagement, grammar and style, competitive trivia and anything about Pittsburgh.
Kelsey Proud, Learning Director
- ONA Community Slack: Kelsey Proud
- LinkedIn: Kelsey Proud
- Twitter: @kelseyproud
- Instagram: @kelseyproud
Talk to Kelsey about leadership, management, mentoring, coaching, training, dogs and your favorite weeknight dinner ideas.
Karolle Rabarison, Director of Communications
Talk to Karolle about organizational culture, digital inclusion and community building.
Hanaa Rifaey, Partnerships Consultant
Talk to Hanaa about new and existing tech tools you love (or are looking for to solve a challenge), career development, diversifying revenue strategies and track suits.
Hollie Schultz, Director of Awards and Community Resources
Talk to Hollie about awards and recognition, resource development, grant-making and your favorite National Park.