ONA solicits and accepts sponsorships, donations, and gifts that are consistent with our mission to inspire innovation and excellence among digital journalists. The goal of such funds will be to enhance, and not tarnish, ONA’s credibility or image as a global leader in digital journalism.
We are committed to providing a vibrant community, welcoming people from as many diverse backgrounds as possible. We expect our sponsors and donors to create a respectful environment for people of all races, gender, and trans statuses, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and beliefs.
Donations and sponsorships will generally be accepted by individuals, partnerships, corporations, foundations or other entities, with the following limitations:
- Any gifts that violate federal, state, or local law, statute, or ordinance
- Any funder and/or closely affiliated business entities that actively promotes or supports acts against journalism, journalists or freedom of expression
- Any funder and/or closely affiliated business who do not properly investigate claims of discrimination or harassment
- Any gift that may result in inappropriate or undesirable publicity for ONA
- Any funder who actively and intentionally engages in disinformation or propaganda campaigns against journalism
ONA reserves the right to refuse or return any proposed gift. Certain types of gifts must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special liabilities they may pose for ONA.
Above policy adapted from the Society of Professional Journalists and Elevated Effect