Thanks for your interest in applying to ONA’s new Executive Women Leaders Salon, a participatory conversation series for women in top news organization leadership. The deadline to apply was April 25. Please stay tuned for more programming like this in the future and check out our FAQ for more information.
To keep the group to a manageable size and ensure that participants in this off-the-record salon conversation series have a shared experience from which to draw, we’re restricting participants to executive leadership — meaning you’re in the top tier of your organizational structure. We’d love for you to apply if you are a woman or nonbinary person who is:
- At the management head of your organization (e.g., President, Publisher, Executive Director)
- A member of the C-suite (e.g., CEO, Chief Content Officer, Chief Operating Officer)
- The top editor in your newsroom (e.g., Executive Editor, Editor in Chief)
- A Vice President or Senior VP in your organization (e.g., Senior Vice President of Digital, VP of News)
- Expecting an imminent move into one of these roles (you’re currently being recruited or looking at a promotion into one of these roles in the next six months)
If this describes you, here’s how to join us:
- Fill out the application below. Your responses will be private just to ONA staff, and we will use it to make sure you’re the right fit for the program and to get a sense of what you’d like to get out of your participation.
- Once we’ve reviewed your application and confirmed eligibility, we’ll send you the registration and payment page on our website. You’ll need to go through this step to be fully registered and get the Zoom link and instructions to join. Pricing for ONA members is $800, non-members $1,600. ONA membership is $75/year or $150 for three years.
- You’ll need your ONA member number to take advantage of the member discount (here’s how to join, log in and/or find your member number). Your registration will include access to all three sessions, a full pass to ONA23, and access to a private Slack channel just for participants to keep the conversation going between sessions.
- Once you’ve paid and registered for the event, you’ll get a receipt and an email with a Zoom link and an option to add the event to your calendar. If you’d like to hold the dates in advance, we’ll be gathering:
- Tuesday, April 25 at 3-4 p.m. ET / 12-1 p.m. PT / 7-8 p.m. UTC on Zoom
- Thursday, June 15 at 3-4 p.m. ET / 12-1 p.m. PT / 7-8 p.m. UTC on Zoom
- Wednesday, Aug. 23 at 9:30-12:30 ET, in-person at ONA23 Philadelphia
Questions? Please email ONA Program Director Meghan Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.