Preparing to enter the job market is exhausting. There’s so much to do and you’re never quite sure if you’ve covered all the bases. Add to that the Interwebs and what they may say about you, your work ethic and your future goals, and you may just opt to live in your parents’ basement forever.
This practical webinar (or lecture-style session), led by Samantha Ragland, is less about training and more about information and details. We’ll cover the following:
- Transferring skills from college to the real world
- Resume sparkle and other tips for applying for jobs
- How your social media can get you hired
- How to ace the interview
- Keeping up with the industry while you’re looking for a job
What to bring
- Your resume and cover letter to mark up
- Questions from your specific career journey
- An open mind — this is just an hour of advice from one hiring manager
About the Speaker
Samantha Ragland is currently Manager of Digital Entertainment Strategy at The Palm Beach Post, responsible for growing reporters into digital strategists. She challenges her team to use new storytelling platforms, to own their story distribution and to test engagement strategies with both loyal and new digital audiences. Samantha has been in the media industry for almost five years, and prior to, spent nearly six years as an adjunct English professor. She was one of 28 women chosen for the 2016 ONA-Poynter Women’s Leadership Academy.
Important to know
I’ve done this session as Table Talks, too, with 4 other hiring managers. This session will be a blend of my own experience/advice and theirs. It will also incorporate industry trends into the conversation to give you the most up-to-date and relevant advice.