Photography has evolved greatly from the early days of Kodak, to iPhones and Instagram. In the age of social media, sharing and crowdsourcing have been key to reshaping photojournalism – is it for better or worse? Join us at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, February 15 at NBC News in Rockefeller Center for a lively discussion. This ONA NYC monthly meetup is also part of Social Media Week: http://socialmediaweek.org/newyork/
Moderator: Heather Murphy, Photo Editor at Slate | @heathertal
• James Estrin, Staff Photographer, New York Times | @JamesEstrin
• Paul Moakley, Deputy Photo Editor at TIME | @PaulMoakley & @TIMEPictures
• Anthony Quintano: Sr. Community Manager, NBC News | @anthonyquintano
• Janis Krums: Co-Founder of Elementz Nutrition | @jkums (Hudson Landing Twitpic: https://twitter.com/#!/jkrums/status/1121915133)
• Jim Collins, New York Photo Desk Manager, Associated Press | @JimCollinsAP
Use this special hashag: #SMWONANYC when tweeting about this event.