Please join us for our May edition of ONA UK: We’ve polled a global community of journalists and asked them what’s keeping them up at night. The response came in fast and furiously, including:
– How do we make journalism profitable?
– How do we create advertising experiences that don’t alienate our readers (especially on mobile)?
– How do we define the actions we want to inspire our reader to take (both big and small)?
– How do we keep news organizations from telling the same stories, the same ways? How do we ensure a diversity in our approaches?
– How do we adjust our editorial tone to better serve the demands of a specific platform?
– How do we stop the demise of local journalism? How do we make sure that local can live outside of big cities?
– How do we build diversity into our newsrooms?
– How do we broaden the geography of the stories our audience cares about?
Now it’s time for all of us to solve them! We’ll start the night off by voting for your favorite five, then we’ll have senior digital folks lead round tables discussions around each one. We’ll share some ideas (and beers), and get to know one another while we brainstorm and network.