We’re rebooting ONA Twin Cities, and we’d love to have your help!
Join us for ONA Twin Cities’ monthly meetup, a series of get-togethers for news nerds to network, learn and share. We’re the Minneapolis/St. Paul outpost of the ONA Local network, which brings people together to foster digital journalism innovation in more than 60 cities and college campuses around the world.
BYO-projects and laptops each month for a fun, informal way to meet and collaborate with other members of the journalism and tech communities. Product people, developers, storytellers, reporters, students, educators, web staffers, and editors are all welcome.
We’ll bring in speakers for some meetups, and others will just be an open, informal space for you to work. Some things you can do at an ONA Twin Cities meetup:
– eat pizza
– finally write up a pitch to your boss for the big idea you’ve been mulling over
– work by yourself on a project that you haven’t had dedicated time to tackle at the office
– dive into that big data or research project you’ve been eyeing
– take a self-guided coding class
– meet someone to collaborate with, or who can help you crack that problem that’s had you banging your head on your desk
– hear from one of your peers doing cool work in digital journalism and bring some inspiration back to your day job
– bring a tech toy you’ve been experimenting with lately and show it to the group
– get to know the digital talent in your community so you’re well-connected next time you grow your team
– hang out with a bunch of like-minded people who love digital journalism and make some new friends
For this first meetup in the series, we want to hear from you:
Got an idea for a speaker or topic for a future meetup? Interested in sponsoring an event, hosting a meetup, or supporting the group? Let us know at email@example.com.
A big thank-you to Industrious Minneapolis, who’s hosting us for our reboot!
About ONA Local:
ONA Twin Cities is a local meetup group made up of writers, editors, innovators, photographers, producers, academics, entrepreneurs and technologists who produce news for and support digital news delivery systems. We’re the Twin Cities outpost of the Online News Association, the world’s largest association of digital journalists. ONA’s mission is to inspire innovation and excellence among journalists to better serve the public. ONA Local programs are generously supported by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. For more information, check out journalists.org/ona-local.
About Industrious Minneapolis:
Industrious Office offers stunning coworking space, inviting hospitality and an inspiring community. Learn more about the Minneapolis office at industriousoffice.com/locations/minneapolis/.