>>> SEE THE BOTTOM OF THIS DESCRIPTION FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO JOIN THIS ONLINE EVENT <<<
* * *
UPDATED 3/10/20: DUE TO GROWING COVID-19 CONCERNS, WE HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE THIS INTO A VIRTUAL SOCIAL EVENT — ONLINE ONLY!
*** We’ll be experimenting with ways to create an online experience that captures the friendly style and spontaneous socializing of an in-person event! There will be different online areas where you’ll be able to see other attendees, say hi and have conversations. Please RSVP here in advance to receive that information by email, or return to this page before the start of the event for details on how to join it. ***
So join us for a unique social event to celebrate the start of spring and kick off the ONA SF program for 2020! It’s time to get together online, meet new people and explore new ideas — or hang out with longtime friends. If you’re a journalist or digital media professional, we invite you to come to our virtual social and share your interests — whether that’s local news, culture, science, public health, AI, politics and the 2020 election, or just great storytelling — and let us know what you’d like ONA SF’s program to include this year!
DROP INTO OUR ONLINE ONLY SPACE ANYTIME BETWEEN 6:30PM AND 8:30PM on March 25th, and join the mingling and conversation!
Online Social — INSTRUCTIONS!
We’re less than 24 hours away from our online social on Wednesday 3/25, and we’re so glad that you’re coming! It promises to be a wonderful opportunity to connect during this challenging time, and share your experiences and interests — and just enjoy the company of being with other caring folks.
We’re trying something new that offers you the opportunity to roam different rooms in our virtual event space! Here are the basics for joining our online social on Wed evening 3/25:
– First, we strongly recommend that you use a desktop or laptop computer. (You can try using a mobile device, but we can’t ensure the quality of your experience. And if you’ve had a lot of stuff open on your computer, you might want to reboot it beforehand.)
– If possible, use the Chrome browser. As a second choice, we suggest using Firefox.
– You might want to have a pair of headphones or earbuds handy to put on, in case your mic/speaker setup causes audio feedback.
– When you’re ready to join us, go to https://tinyurl.com/ONASFonlinesocial and you will be redirected to our event page. The event doors will open at 6:30pm and close at approximately 8:30pm, but you can drop in or out anytime during that period!
– When you get there, you’ll see that we have several rooms that you can gather in with new or old friends. You’re free to roam in and out of any of them on your own! Just remember to CLOSE the door to the room you’re leaving (actually, close the room’s pop-up window) BEFORE you enter another one.
– Oh, and it’s BYOB! So pour yourself a drink (alcoholic or not) to enjoy during the event.
And that’s it! We may add to these instructions before the event, so keep your eyes out for that. Otherwise, we’re so looking forward to virtually hanging out with you very soon!
Your event co-hosts Nithin, Vilas, Jose and Ernie
ONA San Francisco
Mar. 25, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm