Hear short talks from local newsrooms on how a handful of cool, successful projects came together.
Speakers so far:
– Anna Orso of Billy Penn on “Street harassment in Philly: Unsafe, uncomfortable and untracked”
– Roberto Torres and Juliana Reyes of Technical.ly Philly on the realLIST
– Patrick Kerkstra of Philadelphia Inquirer/Philly.com on their opioid coverage
– Bobbi Booker of Philadelphia Tribune on her interview with Rodney King that became a podcast
– John Morris, director of digital operations for 6abc Philadelphia
– Lindsay Lazarski and Annette John-Hall of WHYY on their “Cosby Unraveled” podcast
Talks will cover:
– New/original story treatments
– New methods of engagement, or approaches the reporters hadn’t used before (or as successfully)
– Projects that achieved measurable impact on a community
Note: The presentations themselves will likely take place on The Yard’s fifth floor, but we’ll move to the roof deck (!) for drinks + food if it’s nice out. Shoutout to The Yard for hosting and ONA/Knight Foundation for sponsoring food and drinks!
Hosted by Julie Zeglen (Generocity.org) and Kim Fox (Philly.com)