Join us at NYU’s Studio 20 as journalists from different media outlets share how they got their jobs.
Whether you’re a J-School student, a recent grad or looking to switch careers, landing a journalism job isn’t always, well, easy. Our panelists will tell us their tips and tricks in a series of lightning rounds, followed by questions at the end.
• Josh Dawsey, Reporter, Wall Street Journal (@jdawsey1)
• Tracy Clayton, Staff Writer, BuzzFeed (@brokeymcpoverty)
• Megan Hess, Assistant Editor, Mashable (@mhess4)
• Elizabeth Plank, Senior Editor, Mic (@feministabulous)
• Zach Seward, Product Director and Senior Editor Quartz, (@zseward)
Doors will open at 6:30pm; the discussion will begin at 7:00pm. Light snacks and refreshments, including wine, beer and beverages, will be served. We welcome announcements of job openings, which will take place after the end. Follow the conversation online with #ONANYC!
Please provide your full name and the full names of your guests. You must bring Photo ID that matches your registration name. We will not be able to admit ONANYC meetup guests who do not submit this information using Meetup email. Also, we will not be able to accept walk-in guests.