The ONA Local’s theme this month is Net Neutrality, and we have partnered with the Nashville Technology Council to bring this opportunity to engage with US Representative Jim Cooper (TN – 5) about Internet and innovation policy.
We will precede our conversation with Rep. Cooper with brief networking opportunities and panel discussions to learn the latest on potential changes to federal online privacy rules, broadband access programs, and hot-button topics like net neutrality.
Join us to learn more about the Internet and innovation policies that impact our community, and engage with your policymaker on the issues that matter to you.
PANEL 1: ACCESS TO BROADBAND
– Glenn Allison, Vice President, Enterprise Architecture and IT Solution Delivery, Tractor Supply Company
– Aftyn Behn, Sustainable and Equitable Agricultural Development (SEAD) Task Force of the Community and Economic Development Network of East Tennessee (CEDNET)
– Andy Macke, Vice President of External Affairs for the Big South Region, Comcast
– Todd O’Boyle, Program Director, Common Cause
– Ed Cantwell, President and CEO, the Center for Medical Interoperability
– Kate Forcey, Associate Policy Counsel, Public Knowledge
– Dr. E. Michael Harrington, composer, musician, consultant, professor, is a course author and professor at Berklee Online School of Music
– Steve Proctor, Chief Executive Officer, Edgenet
6:00PM: US Rep. Jim Cooper The event is listed on the NTC’s site here. The event is sponsored by Edgenet and Tractor Supply.