Video, live blogs and more resources from ONA16
There’s a lot planned at ONA16 this week, but you don’t need to be in Denver to find resources, inspiration or a job. From our opening keynote with Facebook’s Fidji Simo on Thursday to the Online Journalism Awards closing out the conference on Saturday night, you can stream presentations by going to the ONA16 schedule and clicking on sessions with a screen icon. We’re also live-blogging sessions and recording audio of sessions, and you can find those resources on the session pages you access through the schedule as well. Please note that all times on the schedule are listed in local time and Denver is on Mountain Time (MT).
All things ONA16 on social media
We’ve got a lot of ways for you to follow the action:
- Follow @ONAconf and @ONA on Twitter for updates and check out the Twitter lists of ONA16 Speakers, ONA16 Attendees, ONA16 Social Team, which is doing live coverage of conference sessions, and the Student Newsroom, which will report on the conference.
- Watch #ONA16 for conference highlights and #OJA16 for the awards.
- To make it easy to follow or join a conversation about a specific topic, we’ve created hashtags for each session. You can find those on the ONA16 schedule.
- Follow ONA’s Instagram account and connect with us on Facebook so you can see fun photos from ONA16 and tag us. We’re @online_news on Instagram and Online News Association on Facebook.
- Sign up for ONA’s newsletter so you hear about all the big announcements at the conference, including the winners of the Online Journalism Awards.
Honoring the best in digital journalism
This Saturday, the winners of the 2016 Online Journalism Awards will be announced in Denver. Al Letson, host of Reveal, takes on emcee duties for the evening as we honor the best of digital journalism. We’ll begin live-streaming the awards ceremony starting at 7:50 p.m. MT. Follow along and cheer for your favorites with #OJA16.
If you’re looking for more details on the conference, the conference website is your best resource. We’ve been highlighting sessions to watch and special events that you won’t want to miss in the lead up to the conference and we’ll be focusing on live coverage all this week.