The ONA Issues Tumblr is your platform to define and explore the pressing issues in digital media and get a better fix on how they impact your work. Here are the top five posts from last week.
- Photographer Andrew McConnell chronicles who handles our tech products — and the data on them — after we’re through with them.
- Laura Amico, co-founder and editor of Homicide Watch DC, on why organizing beats is just as important as large investigations.
- Responding to “linsane” coverage of the New York Knicks’ Jeremy Lin, the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) put together a list of guidelines and danger zones for media.
- Four takeaways for journalists from the Sundance film festival.
- How should media publishers deal with the fact that readers are increasingly getting news, links and more from a range of sources filtered through social networks? Khoi Vinh, a New York-based graphic designer, has a few ideas.
To share an issue or join the conversation, submit your own post, reblog on your own Tumblr or comment on a post.