The ONA Issues Tumblr is your platform to define and explore the pressing issues in digital media and get a better fix on how they impact your work. Here are the top five posts from last week.
- Objectivity and modern journalism: What can we learn from the Occupy Wall Street journalist firings? ONA ponders the line between journalist and participant in the digital age. Read more
- Christopher Soghoian, a doctoral candidate in security infomatics, argues that it’s critical for journalists to learn to protect their data. Read more
- More women in tech = better future for all: A post by Alex Howard, Government 2.0 Correspondent for
O’Reilly Media. Read more
- Who’s behind the byline? A new site provides publicly available data on journalists in an effort to foster transparency. Read more
- The Washington Post’s Gene Weingarten takes on the recent Online News Association conference and its choice of keynote speaker Cheezburger CEO Ben Huh. WaPo asks: Was he right? Read more
To share an issue or join the conversation, submit your own post, reblog on your own Tumblr or comment on a post.