Join us for a virtual training series for journalists looking to get started with AI tools in news. From the basics of generative AI to image generation, data journalism, audience engagement and writing effective prompts, we will cover how to use these technologies, ethics, legal issues and more. See the full list of events with descriptions.
In between longer sessions, we’ll host Mini-Labs, which are short practice sessions to give participants space to try out the techniques introduced in the workshops.
This training series is part of ONA’s AI in Journalism Initiative, supporting journalists in exploring artificial intelligence technologies to better serve their communities.
Event details and pricing
Joining a session:
- All events will take place via Zoom.
- Fill out the form below to register. We recommend using the email address you prefer to use for logging in to Zoom.
- After you sign up, you will receive an email from Zoom for each session you select that includes your unique join link, instructions to join and an “add to calendar” option.
- Mini Lab sessions, which are practice sessions to help you try out the lessons from the previous training workshop, are free for all registrants. You’re welcome to join whether or not you signed up for the corresponding workshop.
- All other trainings are free for ONA members, and $25 for non-members. Learn more about joining ONA.
- Non-members who sign up for all paid trainings will receive a 20% discount. You do not need a discount code; the price will be automatically adjusted when you check out ($140 total).
About the trainer
Longtime digital tools trainer Mike Reilley will lead the training series. Mike is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Illinois-Chicago and founder of JournalistsToolbox.ai. He is the author of two books, Data + Journalism: A Story-Driven Approach to Learning Data Reporting and The Journalist’s Toolbox: A Guide to Digital Reporting and AI. Learn more about Mike.