Irving Washington is executive director for the Online News Association (ONA), the world’s largest membership organization of digital journalists. As a media diversity advocate, Irving has managed programming and fundraising initiatives for journalists, media professionals and students worldwide. Before joining ONA, he worked for the National Association of Black Journalists and the Radio-Television Digital News Association. In 2014, he earned the designation of Certified Association Executive (CAE) by the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE). He is also a member of ASAE’s Diversity Executive Leadership Program (DELP), Punch Sulzberger Executive Leadership Fellow and serves on the Journalism Alumni Society Board of Directors of his alma mater, Ball State University, from which he received a degree in Journalism.
- Call for focus group participants at ONA17
- We’re hiring for a Communications Manager
- Why is the ONA16 host hotel sold out on certain days already?
- Georgia News Lab, New Mexico News Port win Challenge Fund grand prizes
- ASAE Honors ONA for Challenge Fund for Innovation in Journalism Education