Paul Cheung is the Director of Journalism and Technology Innovation at the Knight Foundation overseeing a multimillion dollar portfolio that is empowering innovation and sustainability in journalism through technology. Cheung has more than 20 years of management experience at the forefront of digital transformation — pioneering VR360, AI, data journalism, and visual storytelling. Previously, he led cross functional teams of journalists, developers, data scientists, designers and researchers at NBC News Digital, The Associated Press, The Miami Herald, and The Wall Street Journal.
Director / Journalism + Technology Innovation • John S. and James L. Knight Foundation • New York City, NY
Last edited June 28, 2021
- Local Journalism: Building a Business of Trust Through Collaboration For a Sustainable Model — ONA21, June 21, 2021
- Are You Having a Journalism Midlife Crisis? — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- Lessons from Black Twitter: Inclusive Reporting in Diverse Communities — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Why Should I Care About AI? — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Story, Platform and Design: Digital Journalism Insights — ONA16, September 17, 2016