Joy Mayer founded Trusting News in 2016 after a 20-year career in newsrooms and teaching. She spent 12 years at the Missouri School of Journalism, where she created an audience engagement curriculum and a community outreach team in the newsroom of the Columbia Missourian and also taught web design and print design. She lives in Sarasota, Florida, and can be reached at joy@TrustingNews.org or on Twitter @mayerjoy.
- Resilience in Combating Misinformation — May 22, 2023
- How to Fight Back When People Discredit Your Political Coverage — ONA20, September 30, 2020
- Earn Trust to Help You Survive and Thrive Financially (and Retain Subscribers!) — ONA20, September 30, 2020
- Building Trust: Workshopping Strategies You Can Use to Demonstrate Credibility — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- Building Trust: Newsroom Tools for the “Fake News” Era — ONA19, September 11, 2019