Becca Aaronson is the interim executive director of the News Product Alliance, a global community of support and practice for news product thinkers. She previously worked as the Director of Product at Chalkbeat, a non-profit, digital-first network of local newsrooms, overseeing digital product development and visual storytelling. Becca spent the first eight years of her career at The Texas Tribune, where she became their first-ever product manager. She was responsible for creating and managing the Tribune’s product roadmap and ensuring that technology products aligned with audience and brand strategy. She also co-founded the Tribune’s data visuals team, where she designed, built, and managed several award-winning investigative projects. In 2018, Becca was selected for the Poynter’s Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media. Becca has a bachelor’s degree in cultural theory from Scripps College in Claremont, Calif.
- Product Management Thinking for the Newsroom — ONA Local, April 5, 2022
- The Skills You Need — and Probably Have — to be a Product Thinker — ONA21, June 21, 2021
- We Built a Product Team in One Year: Here’s Everything We Learned — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- Product Thinking for News Leaders — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- J-School Supplemental: Product Management — ONA18, September 12, 2018