Hunting, Gathering and Accounting: Freelance Survival Skills
September 18, 2017
We’ll help aspiring freelancers — or staffers who might wind up having to freelance next week — accelerate the learning curve with advice about issues that may seem obvious to experienced, self-employed journalists but aren’t well documented for beginners.
- how to record your expenses but not go into Excel hell
- how not to forget a pitch or lose sight of what happened to it
- how much time to devote to developing new clients and marketing yourself
- how to avoid making tax time an accounting mess
- how to improve your online presence, often the first thing that clients see
We’ll include more time than usual for Q&A, because there’s no way we’d be able to cover all possible questions on our own.
This session is designed for:
- Freelancers, current and possible future
- Anyone who wants to brush up on self-employment basics