Currently, Niketa oversees Print and Digital News Partnerships in the US for Twitter and is based in New York City. In her role, she collaborates with newsrooms and journalists with regards to strategic initiatives, best practices and content strategy that spans across Twitter, Periscope, TweetDeck & more. Previously, Niketa was Director of News & Content Partnerships at RebelMouse and there she went on to become Managing Director of RebelMouse’s Media Lab. She focused on key initiatives with an eye towards content creation, audience development and multi-platform products. Niketa has 17 years of experience in digital journalism, audience development and product at CNN, ABC News, CBS News, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Florida Times-Union and more. She’s currently a board member for the Online News Association and has been a long time member of ONA, AAJA & SAJA.
- #TwitterForNews: Beyond 280 Characters — ONA21, June 21, 2021
- SmartNews, Flipboard, Apple News and More: Navigating the Third-Party Traffic Landscape — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- #TwitterForNews: An Inside Look — ONA19, September 11, 2019
- Digital Journalism Insights 2018: Lightning Talks from ONA Board Candidates — ONA18, September 12, 2018
- Breaking News in 2015 is Reshaping Social Newsgathering — ONA15, September 23, 2015