The Online News Association (ONA) is seeking a Strategic Partnerships Coordinator to assist with exhibit, sponsorship and advertising sales as well as other partner-related activity.
We’re looking for someone highly motivated and focused, with organizational and project management skills and keen attention to detail. This is the perfect position for someone looking to expand their experience in the business development and corporate partnerships space and to support the global journalism community.
Ability to travel overnight with occasional weekends, up to 20% travel.
Apply by November 23, 2018.
With over 3,200 members worldwide, ONA is the world’s largest membership organization of digital journalists. Our mission is to inspire innovation and excellence among digital journalists to better serve the public. We believe journalism builds a more informed society that leads to a stronger democracy.
Driven by a dynamic staff and Board of Directors, ONA is one of the leading organizations providing digital training through our conferences, fellowships and local groups. We offer excellent benefits – such as health insurance, 401(k), paid leave and professional development support – as well as a flexible, DC-based work environment with the option to work from home several days per week.
Basic Function of the Position
To assist the ONA Strategic Partnerships team by providing sales support, reporting, assistance with prospecting and strategic planning, and any other administrative sales support function required by the team. This is not a cold-calling job.
Curious. Unafraid to ask questions. Undaunted by challenges. Thrilled by spreadsheets. Passionate about the First Amendment. Incentivized by snacks at work. Driven by goals, numbers and probably caffeine. Willing to learn. A consumer of news.
- At least 1-2 years’ in sales environment supporting revenue producers, specifically prospecting and qualifying for new business
- Previous association/trade show experience, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred or commensurate experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Deep understanding of a CRM system (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to expertly handle multiple priorities in a dynamic, change oriented environment
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Must be customer/team oriented, a self-starter and have a problem-solving attitude
This position works closely with the Head of Strategic Partnerships to support the overall business development plan for ONA, including administrative support (up to 50%), support with selling event-related exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities and digital advertisements; identifying and pursuing new sales prospects and building and developing new sponsorships. The coordinator will also develop and implement strategies to grow and promote these programs. You will be responsible for:
- Support the Head of Strategic Partnerships including distributing sponsor contracts, correspondence, collections, updating floor plans, frequent phone correspondence, meeting follow-up, e-mails and data entry.
- Support the Head of Strategic Partnerships in selling exhibit space at ONA events, handle the exhibitor experience at the different venues; assist with exhibitor logistics at the venue, working closely with ONA staff and venue personnel.
- Support the Head of Strategic Partnerships in selling sponsorships for ONA’s e-newsletters, Career Center, webinars, website and other events or projects.
- Effectively communicate partnership opportunities to prospects and partners in both verbal and written methods
- Database management, including populating sponsor and prospect information on Salesforce
- Coordinating sponsor fulfillment for annual conference, ONA Insights and other ONA events and programs
- Prospect for new business using digital resources, industry publications and leads provided by staff.
- Manage invoicing and campaign tracking for multiple, simultaneous projects
- Assist in developing effective marketing strategies for products and digital services.
- Assist with ONA events throughout the year, including on site at ONA’s annual conference
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.