The Online News Association (ONA) is seeking a project-based Digital Content Consultant to assist with content management, graphic design and video production associated with ONA’s web properties and new virtual training events.
We’re looking for someone highly motivated and focused, with strong project management skills and a keen attention to detail. This job will be perfect for someone wanting to build their WordPress portfolio, contribute their creative ideas and support the global journalism community.
With over 3,200 members worldwide, ONA is the world’s largest membership organization of digital journalists. Our mission is to inspire and support innovation and excellence among digital journalists to better serve the public. We believe journalism builds a more informed society that leads to a stronger democracy.
The consultant would report to the Senior Digital Manager and assist in launching, managing and producing ONA’s virtual training program and platforms.
Please note: due to the demands of our annual conference we anticipate the heaviest workload will occur at the end of September through early October; please factor this into your planning.
The deliverables requested include:
- Assist Sr. Digital Manager with individual virtual training sessions, creating events on our websites and posting resources when appropriate (topics relate to our ONA Local communities, Women’s Leadership programs, leadership trainings, sponsored content and more)
- Post website content and edit pages when appropriate
- Develop graphics for social media, newsletters and event production using established ONA branding guidelines
- Assist in project management for development of ONA’s virtual training platform; provide UX feedback; and assist in developing WooCommerce workflows
- Assist Sr. Digital Manager with production of Emerging Tech Virtual Conference (dates TBD); including managing session production, speaker and sponsor pages, video feeds and engagement tools. You’ll also help the team troubleshoot technical issues with video or registration workflows.
- Assist in managing resources from the virtual conference
- Assist in posting pages 2020 Online Journalism Award finalists and sourcing images from projects.
- Assist with final preparations for ONA20, including assisting in creating video bumpers for conference sessions and lower-third graphics
- Assist with digital needs of ONA20 sponsors
- Assist with production of ONA20 (10 days across Oct. 1-16)
- Managing ONA20 website content
- Assist in posting resources from the ONA20 conference
- Website updates for OJA winners
- Website updates for ONA Board election
- Website updates for Women’s Leadership Accelerator application
- Additional support for ONA team while Sr. Digital Manager is on parental leave
Reports to: Sr. Digital Manager
- Knowledge of HTML
- Expertise with WordPress CMS
- Ability to learn technology tools quickly
- Graphic design skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with WordPress programming
- Experience with WooCommerce
- Experience with Github
- Video editing and production skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere
Applications open through July 15.