The Online News Association (ONA) is seeking a Content and Data Management Consultant to migrate and create pages on ONA websites as well as creating and cleaning data associated with our programs.
We’re looking for someone highly motivated and focused, with strong project management skills and a keen attention to detail. This job will be perfect for someone wanting to build their WordPress portfolio, contribute their creative ideas and support the global journalism community.
With over 3,200 members worldwide, ONA is the world’s largest membership organization of digital journalists. Our mission is to inspire and support innovation and excellence among digital journalists to better serve the public. We believe journalism builds a more informed society that leads to a stronger democracy.
Driven by a dynamic staff and Board of Directors, ONA is one of the leading organizations providing digital training through our conferences, fellowships and local groups.
The consultant would report to the Senior Digital Manager and work on projects streamlining content on journalists.org as well as turning additional content into structured data. The deliverables requested are (with time estimates):
- Migrate and/or create approximately 75 pages for ONA-supported projects into a custom post type (30-40 hours).
- 44 Challenge Fund projects
- 22 Journalism 360 projects
- Extract lists of speakers from 2003-2011 annual conference websites into spreadsheets (8 hours)
- Making formatting adjustments when necessary Board of Directors meeting minute pages, (3 hours)
- Migrate ONA10 schedule from Sched into WordPress platform. (3 hours)
- Migrate past ONA Camps into event post type (1 hour)
Total hour estimate: 45-50 hours
Potential contract extension could include:
- Mid-July: Post profiles for approximately 30 participants in the ONA19 student newsroom. (4 hours)
- August: Assist in posting pages 2019 Online Journalism Award finalists and sourcing images from projects. (8 hours)
- August-September: Post pages for approximately 10 Challenge Fund and 10 Journalism 360 winners. (TBD)
- Prepare and clean speaker data for upload to Salesforce (16 hours)
- Prepare and clean Challenge Fund data for upload to Salesforce (8 hours)
Compensation: negotiable based on deliverables
Reports to: Sr. Digital Manager
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Familiarity with Google Docs
- Writing and editing skills
Applications open through March 29.