The Online News Association is a nonprofit membership organization for digital journalists — connecting journalism, technology and innovation.
Take a look at what we do.
Join us in Washington, D.C., Oct 5-7, for our annual conference, the premier gathering of highly engaged digital journalists.
Nominations are now open for the 2018 Board of Directors election.
Find the ONA community closest to you and get involved!
Stay updated with ONA emails
Events & Opportunities
Journalism 360 Challenge awards $285,000 to 11 projects that advance the use of immersive storytelling in newsJuly 11, 2017
ONA opens 2017 MJ Bear Fellowships for under-30 digital journalism starsJune 22, 2017
A first look at the ONA17 programJune 12, 2017
2017 OJAs – now featuring audio and immersive categories!May 9, 2017
Join the sharpest minds in journalism
Become a Member
Members also receive discounts on entry fees for the Online Journalism Awards, the only annual awards competition that acknowledges the best and the brightest work in digital news, identifying and publicly honoring models of excellence for the profession.
- Career Center: ONA’s online job board, open to the entire digital journalism community, offers access to hundreds of career opportunities. Learn more.
- ONA Local meet-ups: ONA encourages and supports our members in holding regular meet-ups focused on networking, skills and career development, new technology and journalism issues. Check our our growing list of ONA Local cities and activities around the world.
- Social networks: Share, discuss and learn with other members through ONA’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn communities that connect educators, students, conference and local event attendees all over the world.
- ONA Issues: Have a burning journalism issue you’d like to learn more about? Join our Tumblr forum, where content — whether breaking news or cool new ideas — is constantly updated.
- Online Media Legal Network: ONA’s partnership with the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society points our members to free or reduced-fee legal help, including advice on forming and governing a business, copyright licensing and fair use, freelancer agreements, access to government information, pre-publication review of content and representation in litigation.
Build Your Own Ethics Code
Use our interactive tool to create a code of ethics that reflects journalism practices in the digital age.
ONA Event Manager
Create custom WordPress posts for sessions and speakers using a Google spreadsheet.
A myriad of resources from our last annual conference to bring the sessions, attendees and conversations to you.