The Online News Association is a nonprofit membership organization for digital journalists — connecting journalism, technology and innovation.
Take a look at what we do.
Women’s Leadership Accelerator
Learn about the intensive program aimed squarely at advancing women in digital journalism.
Journalism Mentorship Collaborative
Join an open network of newsrooms who are deeply committed to diversifying their organizations through mentorship programs.
Online Journalism Awards
See the winners for the 2017 OJAs learn about their award-winning work.
Stay updated with ONA emails
Events & Opportunities
Charo Henriquez, Nathalie Malinarich, Shazna Nessa and Versha Sharma elected to ONA’s Board of DirectorsNovember 9, 2017
2017 Online Journalism Awards winners include Le Temps, The Washington Post and STATOctober 7, 2017
ONA17 keynote speakers tackle trust, misinformation, entrepreneurship and the role of political satireSeptember 26, 2017
Join the sharpest minds in journalism
Become a Member
Members also receive discounts on entry fees for the Online Journalism Awards, the only annual awards competition that acknowledges the best and the brightest work in digital news, identifying and publicly honoring models of excellence for the profession.
- Career Center: ONA’s online job board, open to the entire digital journalism community, offers access to hundreds of career opportunities. Learn more.
- ONA Local meet-ups: ONA encourages and supports our members in holding regular meet-ups focused on networking, skills and career development, new technology and journalism issues. Check our our growing list of ONA Local cities and activities around the world.
- Social networks: Share, discuss and learn with other members through ONA’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn communities that connect educators, students, conference and local event attendees all over the world.
- ONA Issues: Have a burning journalism issue you’d like to learn more about? Join our Tumblr forum, where content — whether breaking news or cool new ideas — is constantly updated.
- Online Media Legal Network: ONA’s partnership with the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society points our members to free or reduced-fee legal help, including advice on forming and governing a business, copyright licensing and fair use, freelancer agreements, access to government information, pre-publication review of content and representation in litigation.
Build Your Own Ethics Code
Use our interactive tool to create a code of ethics that reflects journalism practices in the digital age.
Browse through hundreds of open journalism job listings, or post an opening at your organization.
Explore all the resources from our annual conference, the premier gathering of highly engaged digital journalists.