The Online News Association is a nonprofit membership organization for digital journalists — connecting journalism, technology and innovation.
Take a look at what we do.
Women’s Leadership Accelerator
Our tuition-free, weeklong forum aims to develop strong digital leadership skills for women journalists.
Join us in Washington, D.C., Oct 5-7, for our annual conference, the premier gathering of highly engaged digital journalists.
ONA Dublin 17
Our third annual European conference is moving to Ireland! Join us at Facebook’s European headquarters on May 19, 2017.
Stay updated with ONA emails
Events & Opportunities
ONA Weekly #139January 11, 2017
Meet ONA Local: Craig GimaJanuary 11, 2017
ONA Pittsburgh: Key tips for freelancing in the new media landscapeJanuary 11, 2017
ONA Weekly #138January 4, 2017
ONA announces class for 2017 Women’s Leadership AcceleratorDecember 20, 2016
ONA South Florida Digital Storytelling Workshop RecapNovember 23, 2016
ONA16 resources: videos, sessions, live blogs, award winners and moreNovember 1, 2016
NBC’s Imaeyen Ibanga and Vox’s Elite Truong elected to BoardOctober 11, 2016
Join the sharpest minds in journalism
Become a Member
Members also receive discounts on entry fees for the Online Journalism Awards, the only annual awards competition that acknowledges the best and the brightest work in digital news, identifying and publicly honoring models of excellence for the profession.
- Career Center: ONA’s online job board, open to the entire digital journalism community, offers access to hundreds of career opportunities. Learn more.
- ONA Local meet-ups: ONA encourages and supports our members in holding regular meet-ups focused on networking, skills and career development, new technology and journalism issues. Check our our growing list of ONA Local cities and activities around the world.
- Social networks: Share, discuss and learn with other members through ONA’s Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn communities that connect educators, students, conference and local event attendees all over the world.
- ONA Issues: Have a burning journalism issue you’d like to learn more about? Join our Tumblr forum, where content — whether breaking news or cool new ideas — is constantly updated.
- ONACamps, courtesy of $150,000 in grants from the Gannett Foundation, bring free customized sessions and workshops direct to cities that are homes to growing entrepreneurial communities, as well as those hit by media closures.
- Online Media Legal Network: ONA’s partnership with the Citizen Media Law Project at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society points our members to free or reduced-fee legal help, including advice on forming and governing a business, copyright licensing and fair use, freelancer agreements, access to government information, pre-publication review of content and representation in litigation.
- ONAvation Webinars: These online training webinars feature future-think presenters who focus on a range of cutting-edge technologies that add depth and scope to storytelling.
Build Your Own Ethics Code
Use our interactive tool to create a code of ethics that reflects journalism practices in the digital age.
ONA Event Manager
Create custom WordPress posts for sessions and speakers using a Google spreadsheet.
A myriad of resources from our last annual conference to bring the sessions, attendees and conversations to you.