The ONA Issues Tumblr is your platform to define and explore the pressing issues in digital media and get a better fix on how they impact your work. Here are the top five posts from this week.
- Mallary Tenore reflects on how journalists report on rape after Melinda Henneberger, reporter at the Washington Post, decided to share her experience.
- Another reason media organizations should have a presence on Tumblr: the website recently became one of the top 10 sites in the U.S.
- Anthony De Rosa tells the Future Journalism Project why news organizations should pull talented folks from startups and tech companies.
- Steve Mayes, Director of VII Photo Agency, talks with Wired magazine about the role of journalists and photojournalists in a world full of user-generated content .
- Is reading the news on Facebook more overwhelming than reading it on your cell phone? A new University of Texas study looks at the impact of the medium we choose to consume news on.
To share an issue or join the conversation, submit your own post, reblog on your own Tumblr or comment on a post.